The culprits of most unexpected stings and bites are bees, wasps, mosquitoes, fleas, flies, bedbugs, mites and spiders.
These insects you generally encounter everyday – most bees, spiders and wasps don’t attack unless threatened. Whereas mosquitoes, fleas, flies, bedbugs and mites will often bite you as a source of food.
Unless you are allergic to insect bites, the symptoms generally consist of itching, swelling and discomfort.
If you are allergic to insect or spider bites, then medical assistance must be sought immediately – bites can cause severe trauma and even life-threatening anaphylactic shock to anyone who is allergic.
No one enjoys getting bitten, especially in a sensitive area – why not naturally soothe that pain away?
100% Pure Eucalyptus Oil helps relieve that uncomfortable sensation.
- For symptomatic relief, apply pure eucalyptus oil to the insect bite.
- Do not rub the site.
- Repeat as required.
Lice are small, greyish-brown insects that live on humans and are highly contagious.
Head lice generally live on the scalp and cause discomfort – you will feel them scurrying around your scalp, resulting in your head being very ITCHY!
School going children are commonly the first to get lice, once children come home with those unexpected guests the chances of the whole family getting infested are high.
They spread by direct head-to-head contact and sometimes by sharing items including combs, brushes, scarves, and hats – they get everywhere.
Bites from lice cause you intense itching and irritation of the scalp or other areas of the body where lice are present. Symptoms may not occur until at least two months after lice has been living on your the body.
In most cases of head lice, a person develops a rash on the nape of the neck – so watch out.
- Mix eucalyptus oil (5 to 10% solution) into your shampoo. Wash hair with this mixture and wrap head in a bath towel for 10 minutes. Remove towel, rinse hair well, and comb hair with a nit comb, to help remove eggs.
- Examine and treat all members of your household who are found to have live head lice.
- Avoid close physical contact and sharing of combs, brushes, towels, scarves, hats, etc with anyone who has lice.
- If you find that your child has lice, you must notify your child’s school, nursery, day care centre, or babysitter.